Infinity Ward has finally posted the patch notes for last night’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 update, but there’s not really a ton of new information to read.
The patch notes did not go into specifics very well, offering basic information on fixes that were implemented. But the bulk of the update does seem to deal with bug fixes and performance issues as opposed to changing up any kind of game mechanics.
“Last nights update should provide additional stability in terms of crashing,” Infinity Ward said. “We will continue to monitor live issue reports and provide resolutions as soon as we are able.”
This update did not include any weapon changes, which are instead being saved for season 01, which will kick off on Nov. 16 and also release alongside Warzone 2, DMZ, and more.
“We are actively collecting weapon performance/usage data and will provide detailed updates on weapon-balancing with the launch of Season 01,” the developer said.
One of the biggest points of contention in the game, its UI, was also mentioned in the notes. Infinity Ward says it will “continue to refine” the UI and that there will be more details in the season 01 launch notes.
The full list of patch notes can be found below:
- “Weve addressed a number of crashes affecting players across all platforms including the bug that caused certain players partied-up in game to crash when matchmaking. Last nights update should provide additional stability in terms of crashing. We will continue to monitor live issue reports and provide resolutions as soon as we are able.”
- “We have made general game improvements including:
- Fix for various camos not unlocking during progression.
- Fixed framerate drop issues.
- Addressed known freezing issues.
- Overall performance improvements.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.”
- “A recent NVIDIA hotfix addressed some critical issues. Please make sure you are running the game on drivers 526.61.
- The PC benchmark map has been updated with a more accurate reading of the FPS display.
- Be sure to follow our friends at Beenox for additional updates for MW2 on PC.”
- “We are actively collecting weapon performance/usage data and will provide detailed updates on weapon-balancing with the launch of Season 01.
- Last week we disabled the attachment tuning feature due to an issue affecting players with 4 or more tuned attachments equipped at once. We re-enabled attachment tuning in last nights update so players should not encounter further issues equipping attachments on a weapon.”
- “Enemy or live ping will remain disabled in multiplayer until a fix is implemented with the launch of Season 01. This is due to a bug where ping remained on some players after death. KBM players are currently still able to danger ping.
- The player icon on the minimap will no longer disappear after a player is revived in certain modes.”
- “We have added Breenbergh Hotel into Third Person Moshpit
- There are no significant map changes, but we have patched various exploits and geometry bugs in the days since launch. Well continue to address small fixes through daily updates.”
- “We continue to refine our UI and will have more details in the Season 01 launch notes.”
“In addition to changes that we have already made, we are also actively tracking live issues. Some of the known issues at present include:
- We are aware of the following issues and fixes are in the works
- Riot shield provides invincibility against chopper gunner and VTOL
- DDOS Field upgrade availability bug
- A bug affecting helicopter height, which allows them to leave the map in some instances”