Riot Games is set to push a new patch to VALORANT today, one week after Gekko officially made his way into the game, strengthening the pool of agents and initiators, in particular.
Patch 6.05 mostly focuses on fixing bugs that were affecting Gekko, but some improvements were also deployed. The developers have improved Wingman‘s Plant and Defuse targeting to it can target higher locations.
Related: Here are all the abilities for Gekko, VALORANTs newest initiator
Outside of Gekko’s fixes and improvements, this new VALORANT patch also tackled a number of Social bugs, added a new Performance feature, and fixed a crosshair issue that was affecting crosshair profiles.
You can check out all of Patch 6.05 updates and fixes below.
Image via Riot Games
- Wingmans (Q) Plant and Defuse targeting has been improved in order to target higher locations.
- Audio Improvements:
- Added audio variations for Mosh Pits (C) explosions.
- Audio improvements for Dizzys (E) plasma blasts, which will help you easily identify if its flying towards you or towards an ally while in the air.
- VFX improvements:
- Added VFX to when Gekko is reclaiming an orb, as well as when the globule reclaim is complete.
- Improved visuals for enemy creature globules.
- Improved performance in Agent Select.
- Added CPU Wait GPU Time metric to performance settings in order to help players track when their machines are Render Thread bound.
- Fixed a bug where Wingman wasnt taking melee damage.
- Fixed a bug where ally Gekko orbs were showing up as white outside of custom Replication.
- Fixed multiple animation issues across all abilities.
- Fixed UI on Gekkos ultimate staying on screen if the round ended while youre possessing Thrash.
- Fixed a bug where Wingman wasnt able to defuse the Spike after using Swap Team command in a Custom game.
- Fixed a bug where Wingman Spike plant casting allowed him to run too far of a distance if cast in midair.
- Fixed a bug where damage from Mosh Pit was avoidable while crouch jumping in the pit.
- Fixed bug where Wingmans torso wouldnt trigger Cyphers Trapwire (C).
- Fixed a bug where the wrong animation played while casting Wingman.
- Fixed a bug where Gekko wasnt able to plant in Spike Rush if Wingman was stopped from planting.
- Fixed display name of Mosh Pit showing up as Moshs Pit.
- Fixed a crosshair issue where the Import button is grayed out if you have 10 or more saved crosshair profiles.
- The maximum number of profiles is still 15.
- Fixed a bug with damage-over-time area abilities where players could crouch jump to avoid damage.
- Used Memory performance metric now updates when Total Memory performance metric is disabled.
- Fixed a bug where in cases of bad platform disconnection, players would appear more than once in the friends list.
- Fixed a bug where voice tooltips were sometimes incorrectly rendered when turning Party/Team voice chat on and off.
- Fixed a bug where the invite menu would sometimes flicker.
- Fixed a bug where unfriending an online player wouldnt update the count of online friends.
- Fixed a bug where when a player enables Auto-Reject friend requests, any pending friend requests would still appear. Pending friend requests will now be auto-rejected when this setting is enabled.
- Fixed a bug where the system notification confirming a sent friend request would sometimes show whitespace.
- Fixed a bug to add a message notifying players that they will also be banned from playing competitive queue if they currently have a comms ban.