Call of Duty players woke up to a surprise update download in Modern Warfare 2, Warzone 2, and DMZ today, hoping for something cool to arrive in the FPS franchise.
Unfortunately, Infinity Ward soon released the patch notes to the chagrin of players everywhere, who found out that it was another update focused on bug fixes as opposed to any substantial content changes.
All three modes of the current CoD offeringMW2 multiplayer, Warzone 2 battle royale, and DMZhad their own bugs to be squashed in this update, the second one deployed since season three began on April 12.
Related: A new Call of Duty game is coming, but its not what you expect
Fans of Ground War will be happy to know, however, that more ammo caches have been added to the Zaya Observatory map, and Gunfight players should now see a reduced number of lasers in loadouts in the two-vs-two mode.
CoD did announce that the return of a popular Warzone 2 mode is coming soon, though. The respawn-based Plunder mode will be making its way into the BR sequel for the first time in the weekly playlist update this week.
Players holding out for new content, like new weapons maps, or balance changes, likely have to buckle in and wait a few more weeks before the midseason “reloaded” update hits the games sometime in the middle of May.
Related: When is Plunder coming to Warzone 2?
Here’s the full list of patch notes for the minor CoD update today.
MW2 April 25 update patch notes
- Added descriptions for picking up individual trophies in the “Trophy Hunt” Event.
- Reduced the number of lasers in Loadouts in Gunfight
- Added more ammo caches to Zaya Observatory in Ground War.
- Fixed an issue in Gunsmith where multiple Attachments displayed as Highlighted at the same time.
- Fixed an issue that showed a lock symbol on a BlackCell Sector despite the player owning BlackCell.
- Fixed an issue that caused the loading time to spectate the next player in Gunfight to take longer than intended.
- Fixed an issue with Recruit a Friend where Challenges were not tracking as intended.
- Fixed an issue causing the Pro-Tuned icon to display incorrectly when hovering an attachment in Gunsmith UI.
- Fixed an issue where some “Trophy Hunt” Event UI was missing in Battle Royale and displayed an incorrect number of trophies earned.
- Fixed an issue where, after restarting the game, both recruiters and recruitees would appear to lose progression on the Recruit a Friend Challenges menu.
- Fixed an issue where War Track Bundles were not showing the Bundle names on the Vehicle Select Menu.
- Fixed an issue that could cause tab navigation in Multiplayer to display an incorrect screen.
Warzone 2 April 25 update patch notes
- Moved Killstreak banners to reduce reticle overlap on screen.
- Updated audio for opening loot caches.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from pinging Contested Loadout Drops.
- Fixed an issue where after playing a match through the Whats Hot Playlist, players could be met with an error after attempting to open the After Action Report.
DMZ April 25 update patch notes
- Fixed an issue in the Active Duty tab, when the player customizes their Operator’s Skin or Finisher, they may spot the Reactive Bonus Effect table overlapping Bonus Effect table.
- Fixed an issue where equipping a larger Backpack would sometimes show the smaller Backpack returned to the player’s inventory with the wrong name in the UI.
- Fixed an issue where if the player is attempting to change weapons for their Loadout from the Active Duty tab, the player will be sent back to the lobby screen.